What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on the device of internet users visiting a website. The operator of the website decides what type of information they contain and what their purpose is. The cookies can be used by the web server each time you visit this website. They are used to save time and to make the web-browsing experience more efficient. However, they can be used for several different purposes, ranging from remembering login information to storing a purchase order.
There are many guides on what cookies are and why they are used. Here, we will explain how cookies affect the web pages of the CITCEA but if you need more information, follow these links:
- Performance cookies
- Functional cookies
- Marketing Cookies
Below you will find more information about each of these types.
These cookies collect information about how you use the site (for example, the pages you visit and any errors that occur). They also help us to find and solve problems on the website. All the information they gather is completely anonymous. They help us to understand how our site works and to make appropriate improvements for easier browsing.
- These cookies allow you to browse the website
- They allow us to gather information on how you use the website to help us understand the usability of the site and make any necessary improvements. They do not collect any information about you that can be used for advertising purposes, or information about your preferences (including user data) beyond this particular visit
We use these cookies simply to improve the user experience of our sites. You can refuse to use them at any time. We use them to remember some settings and to provide certain services or messages that may improve your experience on our site. For example, they remember the country or language you selected when you visited our site. They are not used for marketing purposes.
- These cookies remember your login as a customer when you return to the page
- However, they do not collect any information about you that can be used for advertising purposes, or information on your preferences (including user data) beyond this particular visit
These cookies are managed by third parties, whose tools can be used to restrict their use. Some cookies are used to link to other websites that provide services, such as Facebook, Twitter and Google. Some marketing cookies modify advertisements on other websites to suit your preferences.
- These cookies can be used to link to social networks
- They send information about your visit to our website to adapt advertisements on other pages
- In addition to accepting or refusing to use certain cookies through our web pages, you can also manage them by using your browser settings
Here is a source of information on how to do this: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
We will only read or write cookies on your preferences. Those that have been installed before you change the settings will remain on your computer and you can delete them using the settings of your browser.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
You can get help to change browser preferences to:
Or consult the help of the browser.